top of page

What geographical areas do you cover in Greater Los Angeles/Orange County/Riverside County?

  • Beach Cities

  • Bel-Air

  • Bellflower

  • Beverly Hills 

  • Beverlywood

  • Brentwood

  • Carson

  • Cerritos/Artesia

  • Cheviot Hills

  • Coachella Valley (Greater Palm Springs)

  • Culver City/Fox Hills

  • Downtown Los Angeles

  • Echo Park

  • Hawthorne

  • La Canada-Flintridge

  • Lakewood

  • Lawndale

  • Lomita

  • Long Beach

  • Los Feliz

  • Lynwood

  • Manhattan Beach

  • Mar Vista

  • Marina Del Rey

  • Mid-City/Wilshire

  • Montebello

  • Newport Beach (Orange County)

  • Norwalk

  • Playa Del Rey

  • San Fernando Valley

  • San Gabriel Valley

  • San Pedro

  • Santa Monica

  • Silverlake

  • South Bay

  • Studio City

  • Venice

  • West Hollywood

  • West Los Angeles

  • Westchester

  • Westwood

Who have we helped?

LA Speech Pathology Services, Inc. (LASPS) has helped many local schools:  

  • Alhambra Unified

  • Alvord Unified

  • Aspire Charter Schools

  • Bellflower Unified

  • Beverly Hills Unified

  • Bonita Springs Unified

  • Burbank Unified

  • Castaic School District

  • Claremont Unified

  • Compton Unified

  • Covina Valley

  • Desert Sands Unified

  • El Monte Union High School District

  • El Rancho Unified

  • El Segundo Unified

  • Environmental Charter Schools

  • Fontana Unified

  • Green Dot Charter

  • Hacienda Heights-La Puente

  • Hawthorne School District

  • ​​Hermosa Beach City School District

  • ICEF Charter Schools

  • Inglewood Unified

  • Kipp Public Schools

  • Lake Elsinore Unified

  • Lancaster Unified

  • Las Virgenes Unified

  • Lawndale School District

  • Lennox School District

  • Little Lake

  • Long Beach Unified

  • Los Angeles Unified

  • Manhattan Beach Unified

  • Montebello Unified

  • Moreno Valley Unified

  • Newhall School District

  • Palmdale School District

  • Paramount Unified

  • Redondo Beach Unified

  • Rosemead School District

  • Rowland Unified

  • San Jose Charter Academy

  • Santa Monica Malibu Unified

  • Simi Valley Unified

  • Southwest SELPA

  • Torrance Unified

  • Walnut Unified

  • West Covina Unified

  • Whittier Area Cooperative Special Education Program

Does LASPS provide multilingual services?

Yes, we provide multilingual services, including English, Spanish, Portugese, Cantonese, Korean, Cambodian, Mandarin, Tagalog, Farsi, Armenian, Arabic, Hebrew, French, and Hindi.  Translation services are provided by the company.

Does LASPS accept insurance?
Unfortunately, we do not accept Insurance and/or Medi-Cal at this time.  We provide the proper paperwork for families to receive reimbursement via Super Bill.


What do I do should I want to seek insurance reimbursement?

If you intend to seek insurance reimbursement, LASPS is a private-pay practice. We only accept major credit/debit cards and/or Flexible Spending Account. We are not affiliated with any insurance companies, nor do we negotiate our fees. You should know that insurance companies often list “speech therapy” as a reimbursable service, however, frequently will not provide coverage for children’s speech therapy services, particularly if the therapy is not due to a “medical” condition.  More details available in our instructional document (pdf).
What is a Single Case Agreement (SCA)?

A Single Case Agreement (SCA) is a contract between an insurance company and an out-of-network provider for a specific patient, so that the patient can see that provider using their in-network benefits (i.e., the patient will only have to pay their routine in-network co-pays for sessions after meeting their in-network deductible (if any)). The fee per session that will be paid by the insurance company is negotiated by the insurance company and the provider as part of the SCA.

What are the conditions to be met to ask for a Single Case Agreement (SCA)?

An SCA has to basically address the unique needs of the patient and the cost benefits to the insurance company of the patient seeing you, rather than an in-network provider. The following are some of the conditions that must be met for an SCA to be granted:

For a new potential patient:

  • You have a clinical speciality that is not available with any of the in-network providers (speciality can include cultural competency)

  • Geographical location - in-network providers are not available locally

  • Treatment you provide will keep the patient out of the hospital, or will reduce the cost of medications


If the patient has had no luck finding an adequately skilled in-network provider, then the patient makes the case for an SCA with the out-of-network provider BEFORE commencing treatment. 


Do I need a referral to receive speech or language therapy?
In some cases, you may need a physician's referral or prescription to receive therapy. Private-pay clients do not require a physician's referral or prescription, however our therapists may ask for one to keep on file.


What other funding resources to you recommend?

We can recommend a couple websites below that offer grants to qualified recipients.  Feel free to visit and research your options.

  1. Aiden's Red Envelope Foundation (

  2. Small Steps in Speech (

  3. Donor's Choose (​  

  4. Augmentative Communication Systems for AAC (

  5. AbleNet Speech Generating Devices (SGDs) (

Do you have a wait list?

No wait list.


Is LASPS open all year round?

Yes.  We have a comprehensive team of licensed therapists to ensure coverage of services throughout the year. Please contact us if your schedule requires any special accommodations (e.g. Summer Camps, extended school year, etc.)


Does LASPS provide intensive services?

Yes. Intensive Speech and Language Therapy Services are available during Winter Break, Spring Break and/or Summer. 

What makes us unique?
What is 'Natural Environment' therapy? Natural environment therapy refers to speech and language therapy services being given in the client's natural communication environments; whether it be his or her home, school, after school care facility, or adult workshops. We are proud to offer natural environment therapy services for several reasons, the top reasons being: we significantly reduce the client's need to learn to generalize, or carryover skills learned in treatment to his or her natural communication environments because the skills are being taught in those environments; and because we want to make receiving speech and language therapy services from our practice a positive, hassle-free more rush-hour traffic trying to get children to after-school therapy and then home to make dinner! We go above and beyond the call of duty.  We provide family oriented therapy plans which include home exercise programs and the ability to directly communicate with your therapist 7 days a week.  Please feel free to contact LASPS to further discuss our natural environment therapy services, or if you have any other questions specific to your child or family needs.

Do you accept payment via Flexible Spending Account?  
Yes; as long as it has a MasterCard, Visa, or Discovery Logo, we will accept this as a method of payment.

What is an FSA?

A Flexible Spending Account (also known as a flexible spending arrangement) is a special account you put money into that you use to pay for certain out-of-pocket health care costs.  You don’t pay taxes on this money. This means you’ll save an amount equal to the taxes you would have paid on the money you set aside. Employers may make contributions to your FSA, but aren’t required to.

Do you accept credit cards?

Yes, we accept credit cards for private payment of services.  We currently accept Mastercard, Visa, AMEX, Discover, cash, Square, Zelle, PayPal, Venmo and personal checks.

bottom of page